Claims against Solicitors and Barristers
Have you used a Solicitor or Barrister and they’ve done a bad job? Have you suffered loss as a result? Not sure what the next step is? Want to make a claim?
We regularly bring claims against solicitors and barristers due to mistakes that have occurred. All Solicitors and Barristers must have insurance to compensate clients when things go wrong. Depending on the type of business this is a minimum of either £2,000,000 or £3,000,000. Disputes such as this are often called professional negligence claims.
We have recovered millions of pounds in compensation for our clients. See our testimonials for what our clients say about us.
Recent claims we have handled:
- Bringing a claim against a Barrister and a Solicitor firm for bad advice on a Prenuptial Agreement before a second marriage. The former husband who we act for has a range of businesses and had assets far in excess of his second wife. Claim ongoing;
- Suing a firm of solicitors who negligently drew up a Will for a terminally ill mother who wished to leave her estate to her son but in the event received nothing. Sum recovered for the son was approximately £200,000;
- A claim against a firm of solicitors who handled the conveyancing for a purchaser of a property but failed to advise him of an existing planning application of the property next door. The property was then worth less. Sum recovered for the client was approximately £30,000;
- A claim against a firm who failed to give proper tax advice to a business client;
- A claim on behalf of a beneficiary in a Will who did not receive the inheritance his mother intended due to poor drafting of the Will. Six figure settlement achieved; and
- Acted for the Executors of a substantial estate against their former solicitors who had advised on Inheritance Tax planning including Agricultural Property Relief and Business Property Relief. Claim settled on confidential terms.
We work with clients all round the country, but due to the location of our offices most of our clients are based in and around Gloucester, Bristol, London and Wales. We bring all types claims against solicitors and barristers including those from conveyancing, preparing Wills, divorce and commercial transactions.
Most of our work is covered by No Win, No Fee arrangements.
We have the expertise and experience you need to bring a claim against a Solicitor firm or a barrister. For a lot of people this seems like a David and Goliath situation. We are there to guide and support you through the maze of bringing a claim in what is usually a very stressful period.
We are a member of the Professional Negligence Solicitors Association and the Law Society.
See also our FAQ’s on Claims against Solicitors
For further information on how we can help you call our Managing Partner, Hugh Davey on 0333 344 5012 or out of office hours on 07914 897137. Or view our enquiries page.